3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 onions, finely chopped
4 rashers lean bacon, chopped
4 cups cold cooked rice
2 tablespoons low-salt soy sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
2 carrots, grated (optional)
2 courgettes, grated
4 sticks celery, finely chopped
1 cup frozen peas and corn
- Heat a non-stick wok or fry pan. Spray with a little oil.
- Add beaten eggs to hot pan. Cook, stirring gently, until they are lightly scrambled but not too dry. Remove the eggs from the pan and put aside to use later. Wipe pan clean with a few damp paper towels.
- Spray the pan with a little more oil. Add onions and bacon. Cook for a few minutes until the onion is transparent and the bacon is lightly browned.
- Add the rice. Stir-fry for a few minutes. If the rice is stuck together, gently break apart with a spoon.
- Stir in the soy sauce and sweet chili sauce.
- Next add the vegetables and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are warm. Add a little water if the mixture is too dry and sticking to the pan.
- When the vegetables are heated through, add the scrambled egg back into the pan and gently mix through.
Tip: For a change try using some diced cooked sausage, ham or chicken instead of bacon.