2 sheets of New Way Flaky Pastry
100g crumbled feta cheese
135g frozen chopped spinach (allow to thaw and drain)
1 small to medium onion - finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
(Other possible additions to filling – pinch of ground nutmeg, oregano, ricotta cheese, garlic)
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature for approximately 10 minutes.
- In a bowl gently mix feta, parmesan cheese, finely chopped onion, parsley, spinach, salt and pepper and egg together.
- Cut each pastry sheet into four even squares.
- Place one teaspoon of spinach mixture in the centre of each square.
- Brush edge with milk and fold pastry square over filling to form a triangle.
- Crimp edges to seal, pierce pastry once to allow steam to escape.
- Place on a greased and lightly floured baking tray and brush lightly with milk.
- Bake at 200ºC for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.