Braised Lamb Shanks
These delicious lamb shanks are sure to satisfy the meat lovers in your family.
View the method
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large stick of celery, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 cups (500mL) Pams Beef Stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 Tbsp Pams Tomato Paste
- 4 Tbsp of Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of fresh chopped rosemary leaves (can use 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp of fresh chopped thyme leaves (can use 1 tsp dried)
Back to ingredients
- Place oil in a pan and heat until med-high. Brown lamb shanks on all sides quickly, remove using tongs and add to a large casserole dish. Turn the heat in the pan down and cook onions, carrot, and celery.
- When onions turn clear add garlic and cook for a further minute. Tip the onions, garlic, celery and carrot into the casserole dish. Add the stock, wine, tomato paste and most of the herbs to the casserole dish and give it a quick stir.
- Cover and place in the oven for 2 hours. Serve the lamb shanks on creamy mash potatoes, garnish with the extra herbs and serve with a side of seasonal vegetables.