Cacciatore Chicken Wings
A scrumptious dish to warm the family over the cold winter months.
View the method
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 20g butter
- 1kg (8) Inghams chicken wings
- 1 large brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 400g Italian diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp rosemary sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
Back to ingredients
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy based heatproof 10 cup capacity shallow casserole dish. When sizzling add 3 to 4 chicken wings.
- Cook, over a medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned on all sides. Transfer to a large plate. Cook remaining chicken wings and transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to casserole and cook over a medium heat for 4 minutes or until soft.
- Stir through tomato paste, tomatoes, white wine, vinegar, rosemary and bay leaves. Stir until well combined. Bring to the boil.
- Return chicken wings to casserole. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes. Remove lid and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with rosemary sprigs.
For more delicious chicken recipes, visit inghams.co.nz