Chicken and Burghul Salad
Burghul, also know as bulghur wheat, is a versatile Middle Eastern staple - try this tasty chicken recipe using burghul!
View the method
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 tsp sumac
- 800g chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup burghul
- 200g green beans cut into 3cm lengths
- 3 cups fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (dressing)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (dressing)
Back to ingredients
- Combine lemon juice, honey, sumac and oil in a shallow bowl, add chicken, and turn to coat well. Cover, refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with baking paper. Prepare burghul as per packet directions, drain well, transfer to large bowl. Cook beans in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, refresh in cold water, drain.
- Place chicken on prepared baking tray, bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside for 2 minutes to rest.
- To make dressing, whisk ingredients together.
- Add beans, parsley, cranberries and pine nuts to burghul. Toss gently to combine. Slice chicken thinly, serve with burghul salad, and drizzle with dressing.
For more delicious chicken recipes, visit inghams.co.nz