Coffee Beer Grilled Chicken
Something a little different, grilled chicken with coffee and beer flavours. You can even use the left overs for making sandwiches the next day.
View the method
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, parsley, and oregano make a nice combo)
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup strong coffee beer (porter or ale)
- ¼ cup prepared Original Blend coffee, chilled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (real, not that corn syrup stuff)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons fruity olive oil 1 tablespoon (or to taste) of hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 chicken breasts, skinned if desired
Back to ingredients
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, except the chicken.
- Taste this sauce and adjust seasonings as you like.
- Pour one-half of the marinade into a smaller bowl, cover it, and refrigerate.
- Put the chicken breasts into a deep dish, cover with the remaining marinade, and refrigerate, at least two hours, or overnight.
- To cook, remove both the marinade and chicken and bring them to room temperature.
- Preheat your grill then grill the breasts, basting with the marinade frequently.
- Cook until juices run clear from the breasts. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and allow to rest for about five minutes.
- To plate, serve with rice, fresh-cooked green beans, and garnish with lemon zest curls and extra herbs sprinkled over the rice.