Gather round for Christmas dinner! This classic glazed ham recipe is a prefect centerpiece to the Christmas dinner table.
View the method
- Half a leg of ham
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp orange rind (optional)
- ½ fresh grated ginger (optional)
Back to ingredients
- Run your fingers under the skin of the ham to lift it away, this will leave you with a layer of fat. Score the ham fat with the tip of a knife into a diamond shape.
- Place the ham on some tinfoil and place in a roasting dish, pour approx 2 cups of water in the bottom of the roasting dish for the tin foil to sit on.
- Combine the maple syrup, orange juice, mustard, and orange rind and ginger (if using); brush a generous amount over the ham.
- Bake at 160⁰C for 20 minutes per kg. Continue brushing the ham with glaze every 15-20 minutes.