Hearty Italian Minestrone
This delicious minestrone has all the ingredients you need to make a heart-warming meal.
View the method
- 3 tbsp Pams Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Pams Butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 medium corgettes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups thinly, shredded cabbage
- 4 cups (1 Litre) Pams Vegetable Stock
- 1 can Pams Whole Peeled Italian Tomatoes
- 1 can Pams Cannellini Beans
- 1 cup dried spiral pasta
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped thyme (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Back to ingredients
- Put the oil, butter, garlic and onion in a large saucepan, cook over medium-low heat until the onions are tender.
- Add the diced carrots, celery and potato and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the corgettes and cook for another 2-3 minutes, add the shredded cabbage and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and the tomatoes and their juice, cover and cook at a gentle simmer for 1 hour. Add the cannellini beans and pasta and cook for another 30 minutes until pasta is cooked through.
- Add the thyme and the basil and continue cooking until the consistency you like is reached. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and stir through most of the parmesan cheese.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with the remaining parmesan and some extra basil leaves. Serve with fresh crusty bread or garlic bread.