Lovely Leek and Potato Soup
Delicious leek and potato soup to warm even the coldest of winter nights.
View the method
- 1-2 leeks
- 3-4 potatoes
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 50g butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-2 Continental Stock Pot chicken pots
- 2 litres water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 heaped tsp dried herbs
- Small amount of cream to garnish
Back to ingredients
- Melt butter over stove and add washed and sliced leeks, peeled and diced potatoes, garlic, sugar and herbs to a pot.
- Cover and cook gently until leeks and potatoes are soft.
- Stir stock into water, and add to the soup.
- Taste and season if necessary.
- Bring to boil and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Soup can be left chunky or pureed. Add a little cream to each plate when serving.
For a vegan variation, substitute the butter for olive oil, the chicken stock for veggie stock and omit the cream.