Perfect Microwave Porridge
Porridge is a filling breakfast that will fuel kids for school and sport. At under 50 cents per serve, it's a super-cheap start to the day.
View the method
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cup boiling water
- ½ cup low-fat milk
Back to ingredients
- Mix rolled oats and water in a bowl (use a large bowl to prevent spilling over when cooking).
- Cook uncovered in the microwave on high power for 1½ minutes. Stir.
- Cook for another minute. Repeat if necessary until smooth and creamy.
- Top with milk and a sprinkle of brown sugar.
- Tip: For a change add any combo of your favourite toppings such as sliced banana, sultanas, canned or fresh fruit, chopped dates, or yoghurt.
- For more tasty, easy breakfast ideas go to https://myfamily.kiwi/foods