Perfect Pea and Feta Risotto
Creamy, smooth and delicious. This is the perfect risotto!
View the method
- 1 cup Wattie's frozen Baby Peas (for the pea puree)
- 10g butter (for the pea puree)
- 2 Tbsp chicken stock or water (for the pea puree)
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) chicken stock
- 1 small leek, trimmed, sliced and washed
- 1 cup risotto rice (Carnaroli or Arborio)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup Wattie's frozen Baby Peas
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 50g traditional feta, crumbled
Back to ingredients
- To make the pea puree put Wattie's frozen Baby Peas, butter and stock in a microwave proof bowl. Cover.
- Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, until peas are hot.
- Place peas and cooking liquid into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Now to make the risotto: Heat chicken stock until almost boiling. Set aside.
- Heat a dash of oil in a large saucepan. Add sliced leek and cook over a medium heat until leek starts to soften but not brown. Add rice and stir until the grains whiten.
- Pour in wine and allow to reduce by half. Add 2 cups of hot stock and stir. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Stir in Wattie's frozen Baby Peas. Continue cooking for a further 5 minutes, adding extra stock if necessary until rice is tender. Carefully stir through prepared pea puree, lemon zest and juice and crumbled feta. Season to taste.
For more tasty recipes, visit foodinaminute.co.nz