Pita Bread Pizzas
A fast, easy crowd-pleaser, these pita bread pizzas also make a yummy lunch or snack.
View the method
- 8 wholemeal pita bread pockets
- Tomato sauce or relish
- 2 cups grated Edam cheese
- Pizza toppings: tomatoes, mushrooms, ham, pepperoni, spinach, jalapenos, pineapple, olives and more!
Back to ingredients
- Briefly toast the pita pockets in a toaster (this will allow you to split them open more easily). Open up so you have 16 halves.
- Place pita halves on a baking tray with inside facing up.
- Smear pitas with tomato sauce or relish.
- Sprinkle with a little grated cheese.
- Layer your favourite pizza toppings on top - tomatoes, mushrooms, ham, pepperoni, spinach, jalapenos, pineapple, olives... the possibilities are endless!
- Grill in hot oven until cheese is melted and golden.
- For an interesting twist, try basil pesto instead of tomato sauce.