Roast Turkey with Oriental Plum Stuffing and Sauce
Classic roast turkey recipe - perfect for the Christmas dinner table!
View the method
- 4 kg Tegel frozen Tender Basted Turkey size 4
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 300 g fresh plums, halved, stoned and diced
- 3 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 300g bottle Wattie's Bit on the Side Oriental Plum Sauce
- Grated zest of one orange
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup port
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
Back to ingredients
- Defrost the Tegel Frozen Tender Basted Turkey according to the instructions on the packet. Rinse the packet, take note of the cooking instructions.
- Gently cook the onion and ginger in a dash of oil, until tender, but not brown.
- In a bowl, mix together the onion and ginger, plums, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg, 1/2 cup Wattie's Bit on the Side Oriental Plum Sauce and season with salt and pepper. Use to fill the cavity of the turkey. Tie the legs together and twist the wings underneath.
- Roast according to the directions on the back of the turkey packet. Remove from the oven, cover and rest for 15 minutes, before carving.
- Drain cooking juices from roasting pan, discarding any fat. In a small saucepan stir together the cooking juices, orange rind and juice, port, stock and remaining Wattie's Bit on the Side Oriental Plum Sauce until warm.
- Serve the turkey with your favourite roasted vegetables and the hot plum sauce.
For more tasty recipes, visit foodinaminute.co.nz