Roast Vege Tart
Use any veges you have around for this delicious roast vege tart.
View the method
- 2 sheets Pams Savoury Pastry, defrosted
- 1 head garlic
- 4 cups vegetable, chopped (pumpkin, mushrooms, capsicum, carrot, courgette)
- 1 Tbsp Pams Olive Oil
- 3 Pams eggs
- 3 Tbsp crème fraiche
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh or 1 tsp dried thyme
Back to ingredients
- Line a 22cm pie dish with the pastry and trim off or fold over excess pastry. Neaten the edge by pinching it lightly with your thumb and forefinger Prick the pastry base all over with a fork. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the chilled base with non-stick baking paper or foil and fill with ceramic baking beans or dried pulses. Bake for 15 minutes then remove from the oven and lift out the beans. Place back in the oven for 15 minutes to brown. Raise the temperature of the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the garlic bulb in half crossways and place in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Place the garlic and chopped vegetable on a baking tray and drizzle over the oil. Season with salt. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside. Lower the oven temperature to 180°C.
- Beat together the eggs, crème fraiche and parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Pour into the prepared tart case. Arrange the roast vegetables on top and squeeze over the roasted garlic. Scatter with thyme.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the egg is set.