Budget Mince Chow Mein
A low-cost take on the classic chow mein.
View the method
- 4 onions
- 1 tsp mushroom stock
- 1 tsp garlic stock or minced garlic
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- 500 g mince
- 1 tsp curry powder
- A small packet of mixed vegetables
- Pieces of cabbage shredded
- 1 pkt chicken noodle soup mix
Back to ingredients
- Fry the onions in a pan until brown.
- Add the mince to the pan and brown. Cover with enough water to simmer.
- Add the mushroom, garlic, chicken stock and the curry powder. Mix well.
- Put the whole packet of mixed veges and the pieces of cabbage (cut finely) into the mix.
- Lastly add the chicken noodle soup and cook for about 10 minutes - until the veges are cooked.
- Serve with rice or over noodles.