Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
Sliders are perfect for feeding a crowd, especially on game night. Quick to prepare and easy to adapt to everyone's tastes.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 900g beef mince
- 20 round gherkin slices
- 20 slices of your favourite cheese
- 20 slider rolls, split and toasted
- 4 tomatoes
- Iceberg lettuce
- Ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard for serving
1. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a pan. Add onion and cook until softened - about 2 minutes. Stir in the water and season with salt and pepper.
2. Form 20 patties using 2 tablespoons of beef mince for each. Place on an oven tray and coat the patties with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
3. Press a gherkin slice into each pattie.
4. Grill the patties for 5 minutes each side.
5. Top burgers with cheese during the final 30 seconds of grilling to melt.
6. Spread the onion butter mix on the bottom half of each slider roll then top with a burger pattie.
7. Serve the sliders with tomatoes, lettuce and condiments.
Tip:Use toothpicks on finished sliders to keep them from falling apart.