Risotto with Chicken, Leek and Mushroom
All top chefs should have a good risotto recipe under their hat, and this chicken with leek and mushroom risotto is a great place to start.
View the method
- 4 cups (1 Litre) Pams Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 500g chicken breast fillets, sliced into thin strips
- 2 medium sized leeks, sliced
- 250g button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp of Pams Butter
- 4 Tbsp of fresh chopped chives
- 4 Tbsp of fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Back to ingredients
- Heat the stock or water to a simmer in a medium sized saucepan. Heat the oil in a large pot and cook the garlic for about one minute.
- Add the chicken pieces, leeks, mushrooms and salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, until the chicken is browned and cooked through and the leeks and mushrooms are softened and browned.
- Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the rice to the pot, cook, stirring for about one minute.
- Add half of the lemon juice and a ladleful of stock and cook gently, stirring occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in more stock as each ladleful is absorbed. Continue this process until the risotto is thick and creamy - about 20-25 minutes. The rice should be tender, but firm to the bite.
- Just before serving, stir in the chicken, leeks, mushrooms, butter, and remaining lemon juice, and most of the grated lemon zest, parmesan and fresh herbs, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with the remaining lemon zest, parmesan and chopped herbs.